Intriguing Facts About Computers Most People Don’t Know
Computers are a critical part of our lives, especially in today’s digital era. Computers have revolutionized business and have given rise to a new era of connection. We are all aware of know interesting and incredible a computer is, but do you know just how interesting it is? Here are some interesting facts about computers most people do not know.
The History of the Computer
- In 1833, Charles Babbage invented all the parts that are being used to produce computers. However, the first modern computer was not invented until over 100 years later.
- The first known computer programmer was a woman named Ada Lovelace.
- The first fully operational digital computer was developed by Konrad Zuse in 1936. In 1939, Zuse created another device that became the first electro-mechanical computer in the world.
- The first electronic computer was built in 1946 and was named ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer). ENIAC weighed a whopping 27 tons and covered a surface of 1800 square feet.
Computer Hardware and Accessories
- IBM developed the first commercial hard disk drive-based computer. Its storage system was called the IBM 350, and it stored 5 megabytes of data.
- The first computer mouse was designed by Doug Engelbart in 1964. The mouse was made out of wood.
- IBM introduced the world’s first gigabyte-capacity disk drive in 1980, and it weighed over 500 pounds.
- 4004, the first microprocessor, paved the way for the modern computing era. 4004 was developed by Intel.
- We blink around 20 times a minute, but, when using a computer, we blink around 7 times a minute.
- Spam comprises nearly 50% of all email traffic worldwide.
- Millions of online domain names are registered per month.
- Thousands of viruses are created every month.
More Interesting Facts about Computers
- English scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989.
- There are over 22 billion devices connected to the internet.
- A group of 12 engineers designed IBM PC, and they were nicknamed “The Dirty Dozen”.
- Many users do not know the purpose of many keys on the keyboard, especially Scroll Lock or Pause Break.
- Certain file names have been reserved by Windows, and Windows will not let you use these names anywhere.
Computer Keyboard Tricks Most People Don’t Know
- Close a program running with ALT + F4.
- To minimize all windows only, press Windows + D.
- Re-open the last closed tab with Shift + CTRL + T( this works on most browsers).
- To capture the active window you’re working in and copy it to your Clipboard, press Alt + PrtScn
- On a Windows computer, press the Windows key + D to hide or display the desktop.
- On a Windows computer, press the Windows key + M to minimize all windows.
Impact of Computers Today
Since the internet was introduced to the world and computers became essential for business use, the evolution of technology has had a major impact. As many people have experienced in the recent year, computers have changed the way many people work. Before computers and the internet, team members had to be physically in the workplace to complete their daily responsibilities. Remote working was not possible and having employees working out in the field proved to be a great challenge. Computers have made it easy for people to communicate and collaborate while working from any location. The perfect example is cloud computing. Cloud computing allows employees to gain access to their office from anywhere while allowing employees to collaborate and communicate with others, even when they are in different locations.
Before computers became widely popular around the world and made an undeniable mark in businesses and organizations in all industries, employees had to keep their confidential files and other important documents in file folders. At the time, this was not viewed as a waste of resources or a waste of space because it was the only method that made sense. However, when we compare this method to data storage on computers, businesses now see how many resources and how much space they wasted in the past. Before storing data on computers, it was easier for businesses and organizations to misplace paper files. Computers have made data storage quick and simple, and businesses and organizations made it easy for employees to find any document they need by performing a simple search.
The Digital Landscape
It is not difficult to see how impactful computers have been in the digital era. Computers, the internet, and other technologies are still changing the landscape, and there are no signs that the changes will slow down any time soon. Computers and other digital technologies have significantly changed the way that every industry operates. If your business is not using a variety of digital solutions to stay competitive in the industry, you will find it difficult to move ahead as changes continue to be made around you. Unfortunately, you could also be making your business and your operations more vulnerable to threats.
When you see exactly how much has changed in each industry due to computers and other technology, you will see how positive the changes have been. Businesses that utilize computers will have the ability to not only improve their operations but offer better services to their clients and customers. It is interesting to see what will happen in the future with computers. Due to the increased usage of computers, fewer things have increased as fast as the role of IT services and solutions in the business world. IT services continue to play a major part in helping businesses in their progression, and the role of IT services and solutions will continue to grow in their importance.
With computers being so widespread in businesses across every industry, and with businesses in constant need of IT services and solutions, are you properly equipped with the right IT solutions and services for your business needs? Technijian helps organizations throughout Southern California with all their IT service needs. We provide our clients with the best IT services. Contact us today and get the IT services your organization needs.