Migrating your mailboxes to the cloud in a cutover Office 365 migration requires a great deal of planning and insight to avoid the challenges and errors that are often seen in this process. While you might be ready to go and excited about all the different benefits, it’s always best to make sure the necessary preparation has been done. After this, you can carry out the migration seamlessly to improve your business security and compliance among other things. You can work with an IT support provider in Orange County to get the process done right the first time around.
Tips for a Smooth Migration
Without proper planning of your cutover Office 365 migration, you can risk losing business data and experiencing an unhealthy disruption in your business functions. Here are a few tips to help you manage the transition better:
- Understand the nature and scale of the project – Depending on the size of your business and the number of mailboxes you are looking to migrate, you may need more or less planning, support, and migration time. It’s crucial that you have an accurate estimation of this.
- Conduct business continuity planning – In other words, you need to fully understand the nature of the migration and how it affects vital business functions. Thereafter, you can make contingencies to help you maintain those functions during the transition. You can find an IT support provider in Orange County that specializes in these kinds of service.
- Be ready to test and troubleshoot during the migration – Even with all the right preparation and planning, things can still go wrong in some way or the other. You need to be able to respond to these matters as they occur to avoid excess downtime.
- Decide where to take your archives – Maintaining your archives is important because of the valuable data they contain. You may be interested in migrating these to the cloud as well or keeping them on-site, but it’s important that you are clear about this from the start.
- Prioritize support and training for your team – You can expect a number of changes when you migrate to the cloud including an adjustment period for your team. It is vital that you invest in training and support for them so that this process is as smooth as possible.
Migrating to the cloud can yield huge benefits for your business. At Technijian Corporation, we are tried and tested experts in IT support in Orange County including different cloud services. Get in touch with us to learn more.