Things to Know About Cyber Threats and Why You Need IT Support in Anaheim for Prevention
Cyber threats target to access, change, or destroy your company’s sensitive information, extort money from you and your clients or make it impossible for you to conduct business. Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that the yearly cost of cybercrime is expected to be more than $6 trillion by 2021. With the increasing innovativeness of cyber threat actors, you will need cutting-edge IT support solutions in Anaheim to attain a secure cyber landscape.
The Top Four Cyber Threats
- Malware – Malware is malicious code or software that is inserted into your systems to compromise data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Ransomware – Ransomware is a type of malware that limits you from accessing your system. The malware then asks you to pay a ransom to access your system and data.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks – These attacks can interfere with your online service by overcrowding it with excessive traffic from multiple locations and sources. It’s often a disguise for another attack.
- Spam and Phishing – Spam is unwanted and unsolicited messages and emails that may be used as a ruse to access your sensitive data. Phishing is social engineering that targets your sensitive data through communication that appears to be from trustworthy persons or businesses.
Emerging Cyber Threats
Technological advancements, including artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT), have changed the way threat actors carry out cyber-attacks. IT support specialists in Anaheim can help you safeguard against advanced threats such as:
- AI-generated phishing – These emails are automatically generated to trick you into action that exposes your data. ‘Deep fakes’ is an example of such advanced phishing scams that cybercrooks can use to target your business.
- Cloud-based threats – Attackers leverage cloud vulnerabilities to gain access to your data. These attacks might happen through account hijacking or exploiting Spectre and Meltdown, among other weaknesses.
- Cryptojacking – This is a passively advanced attack where the threat actors mine cryptocurrency using your computing resources without you knowing. It can slow down or bring to a halt all your business operations.
Cybersecurity Best Practices
It might be hard to prevent against all attacks, but it’s your responsibility to safeguard your business to the best possible level. IT support experts can help by:
- Implementing robust data protection through encryption, firewalls, and two-factor authentication among others
- Carrying out regular risk assessments to reveal vulnerabilities and seal them
- Creating and (implementing) an incidence response plan to detect, dissolve and resolve attack incidences before massive damages happen
- Implementing cloud data protection measures
- Creating cybersecurity awareness among employees
An hour of downtime can cost your business more than $300,000, according to a survey by ITIC. That amount is minus the sum of losses from Ransomware, data loss, theft of patents, and client loss, all of which can happen from a single cyber incidence.
Technijian is a trusted IT support company in Anaheim. We can help to safeguard your business against these losses. Contact us now to learn more. We also offer a wide array of IT services for Orange County businesses.